Fortunately for the dog, my obsession didn't knock all the sense out of me, so her ears were spared. But as you can see, not everything in the household was so lucky.
See the little sempervivum sprouting from the cork on the lower left side of the picture? I took an old wine cork, used a steak knife to hollow it out (I can imagine better approaches, but whatever), put in a pinch of dirt, and set a sempervivum offset on top. I think a bunch of these would look cool all in a row, lined up along a windowsill.
The teapot was a gift from my mom. I used it as a teapot until three or four years ago, when the lid fell into the garbage disposal and was chipped up beyond repair. Still, I kept the teapot because I really liked it; I just couldn't use it for anything... That is, until my succulent-crazed peepers rested upon it and realized its potential.
The only thing that made the teapot hard was the lack of drainage. As bold as I am with my cordless drill, I wasn't willing to risk ruining it. So I put a bunch of large rocks and terra cotta pot shards into the teapot first, filling it up about 3/4 of the way before I added dirt. I wasn't sure if it would work, but the semps have been going strong in here for several months, so I'm calling it a success.